South by South Lawn is a festival that was modeled on South by Southwest. SXSL hosted panel discussions throughout the day that explored how leaders in art, technology, food, innovation and social change are helping to move the country forward. Interactive booths will give attendees a hands-on opportunity to engage with and learn about new products and types of content that are transforming how we interact with our world.
We wanted to share this incredible panel on feeding the future. Discussions on sustainability, the new Farm Bill, vertical farms, climate change and other great topics.
Ballooning populations, evolving diets, and a changing climate present serious obstacles to our future food supply. This panel will introduce us to some of the people leading the charge to make food more accessible, sustainable, and healthy, as well as explore the role you can play to best prepare for the future of food in your own community.
- Danielle Gould, founder of Food+Tech Connect
- Will Allen, farmer, founder and CEO of Growing Power
- Maria Rose Belding, co-founder and executive director of the MEANS Database
- Caleb Harper, principal investigator and director of the Open Agriculture Initiative (OpenAG) at the MIT Media Lab
- Nikiko Masumoto, organic farmer and agrarian artist
See more here.
Nikolas Badminton is a world-respected futurist speaker that researches, speaks, and writes about the future of work, how technology is affecting the workplace, how workers are adapting, the sharing economy, and how the world is evolving. He appears at conferences in Canada, USA, UK, and Europe. Email him to book him for your radio, TV show, or conference.