Insights May 27th, 2016
On May 26th, 2016 Nikolas Badminton spoke about the future of education at the Annual BC Association of School Board Officers (BCASBO).
His talk inspired and enlightened the attendees and he discussed the failed promise of technology in education, rise of mobile as a world disruptor, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, The Sharing Economy, Artificial Intelligence, and new educational models.
Nikolas also made some bold predictions of what will happen by 2030:
- Children are encouraged to be free-thinking and have time to develop themselves.
- There are fewer ‘teachers’ and far more ‘mentors’ with parents, families, siblings, and community leaders all playing a role.
- Multiple educational models, based on personalized learning, are available to fit children’s needs, and are on-demand both on and offline.
- All parts of schooling is optimized using algorithms, interconnected systems, Big Data in the cloud, and A.I.
- A.I. ‘Lifetime Learning Companions’ will be the norm and available on current and legacy smartphone technologies.
Nikolas Badminton is a world-respected futurist speaker that researches, speaks, and writes about the future of work, how technology is affecting the workplace, how workers are adapting, the sharing economy, and how the world is evolving. He appears at conferences in Canada, USA, UK, and Europe. Email him to book him for your radio, TV show, or conference.