Insights February 14th, 2018
On Wednesday February 13th Vancouver Futurists met to discuss ‘The Future of Africa’. The session was led by Rafeeq Bosch and Nikolas Badminton. A fascinating discussion ensued after sharing some initial information below.
Per usual, as the discussion progressed some real-time research was undertaken and information discussed. Here are the links to the online articles that helped us in that:
- China is exporting its digital surveillance methods to African governments
- 10-year partnership between the Government of Malawi, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and Camfed to transform prospects for girls and young women
- UAE Gavi vaccine summit: Technology helps ensure vaccines reach the most vulnerable
- Why Silicon Valley’s money can’t solve Africa’s tech problems
- Internet Users Statistics for Africa
- How Africa can Inspire the Future of the Sharing Economy
- Africa: Building Africa’s Digital Sharing Economy One Listing At a Time – Airbnb Looks for Sustainable, Inclusive Tourism Growth Across Africa
- China-Africa Research Initiative
- Babies: Unwanted seeds sown in African women by fleeting Chinese workers
- Plight of African workers under Chinese employers
- Towards a Peaceful, Prosperous & Integrated Africa
- East Africa
- China-Somalia Relations
- Somalia gives up its fishing rights to China
- Belt and Road Initiative
- Africa’s Cyber WMD
- Will humanity ever become a single “nation” on Earth?
- The Venue Project
- Isaac Arthur
- Post-scarcity economy
- A Brief History of the Corporation: 1600 to 2100
- African ‘smart cities:’ A high-tech solution to overpopulated megacities?
- Jane Jacobs
- Developers to complete $300 million Imperial City in 2021 (Lagos)
- Morocco in the fast lane with world’s largest concentrated solar farm
- Average life expectancy* in Africa for those born in 2018, by gender and region (in years)
- How Cape Town was saved from running out of water
- Foreign mercenaries in new scramble for Africa and the Sahel
- The future of private military companies in Africa
- What Does Nigeria’s Use of Private Military Companies Against Boko Haram Mean for the World?
- How Western Journalists Actually Write About Africa
- Why Was Africa Called the Dark Continent?
- Security According to Buzan: A Comprehensive Security Analysis
- World Bank
Nikolas is a world-leading Futurist that drives leaders to take action in creating a better world for humanity. He promotes exponential thinking along with a critical, honest, and optimistic view that empowers you with knowledge to plan for today, tomorrow, and for the future.
Contact him to discuss how to engage and inspire your audience. You can also see more of Nikolas’ thoughts on his Futurist Speaker VLOGs as he publishes them in this Youtube playlist.
Please SUBSCRIBE to Nikolas’ Youtube channel so that you don’t miss any as they come up. You can see more of his thoughts on Linkedin, Twitter, and bookmarked research on Tumblr.