In 2016 we find ourselves accelerating faster than we have ever before with exponential growth in technologies propelling life, society, and business faster than ever before.
At FUTURISTS PREDICT we invite you to come along to Spacekraft and join Futurists Nikolas Badminton and Meena Sandhu to get a perspective on how the world is changing with these amazing technological advancements, and societal changes.
Our MC and moderator for the evening is Evelyn Wong, Science Fiction Author, Marketing Director for The Notice Group, and Communications Chair for Graphic Designers of Canada (BC). She’ll be guiding us through this fascinating evening.
Tickets can be found here – futuristspredict2016.eventbrite.com
- 6:30 – Networking and welcome
- 7:00 to 7:30 – Nikolas Badminton, 2016 Tech Predictions: The Year of Consciousness
- 7:30 to 8:00 – Meena Sandhu, Future of Finance: Fintech you can actually bank on
- 8:00 to 8:20 – Q & A
- 8:20 to 9:00 – Networking
2016 Tech Predictions: The Year of Consciousness
Nikolas Badminton, Futurist (nikolasbadminton.com)
- In 2016 Predictions: The Year of Consciousness 4 bold predictions about how the world is changing are presented. Nikolas will talk about the rise of the Wisdom Economy; how the Internet of Things becomes responsible; Facebook and Google become health companies; and some key technologies that will accelerate in 2016 and have a big impact. He will also cover some exponential technologies that will revolutionize the world.
About Nikolas (@nikolasfuturist)
- Nikolas has been thinking about how technology-driven innovations affect society’s ability to interact, work and build a strong culture for over 20 years. He is one of the most notable speakers on the future disruptive technology at universities and at conferences across North America, including SXSW, ICSC, Marketing Magazine, Deloitte, and BCAMA. He also writes for multiple publications, including the Huffington Post, and curates events related to technology, culture and humanity (Cyborg Camp, PRODUCT, From Now, and Dark Futures).
Future of Finance: Fintech you can actually bank on
Meena Sandhu, Principal Strategist , Moonshot Marketing (@meenasandhu)
- The nascent Fintech ecosystem might not overtake the traditional banking world, but it will definitely change it. The conventional pillars that built our financial system are in for a radical transformation. An ecosystem enthralled by the excitement of invention is also susceptible to overhype. There are players that will truly make a change and there are others that are merely creating problems to match their solutions. Find out how banking will function and be experienced in our future.
- A cashless future is becoming a reality in Sweden. Which countries will follow? Cryptocurrencies, like bitcoin, are evolving and addressing the security concerns of earlier versions. Banks are exploring augmented reality, nanotechnology, and biometric scanning. Payments and mobile wallet innovation is being fuelled by technology companies, not financial services.
About Meena (@meenasandhu)
- Meena Sandhu is a marketing strategist, a speaker, and heads up Moonshot Marketing focusing on growth and future planning. Meena primarily works with financial services, fintech, and tech. She is an adjunct professor at UBC at the Graduate School of Journalism and the Sauder School of Business. Meena led the acquisition strategy for Credit Unions of BC and was responsible for leading ING DIRECT’s regional marketing strategy for Western Canada.
- Meena is also a contributing writer for Betakit and hosted and presented at Social Media Week in 2011 and 2012. She also joined the BCAMA board of Directors in 2012 as the Director of Social Media and in 2014 as the Director of Vision. She is actively involved in startup community events and regularly teaches at local accelerators.
About Our Sponsors – Spacekraft (@VanSpacekraft)
Spacekraft is a 10,000 square foot community-focused coworking space. We provide benefits, services and programming to support entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and small businesses with a goal of helping them be more successful in life, and in business. We provide the opportunities and space for conversations, collision and collaboration that has shown to increase production, revenue and wellness for our members.
Spacekraft is not just a place to work, it’s a space to thrive. Reimagine company with us today.