A Vision of Vancouver in 2040
Nikolas Badminton joined the Planning and HR Executive teams from Metro Vancouver to talks about the evolution of citizens, smart cities, technology, infrastructure, and to make predictions for 2017 to 2025.
5 Predictions for Metro Vancouver, 2017 through to 2025:
- New municipal, and organizational, solutions will be discovered in design charrettes involving employees & citizens.
- Developers, Data Scientists, and Security Experts will be foundational in the running of all city functions.
- Suburban-to-city & city-to-city transit connections will become more extensive & efficient and we embrace GVRD as a ‘mega-region’.
- Cities will become more walkable & bike-friendly with fewer vehicles on the streets and the introduction of pedestrian zones.
- Automated vehicles will make up 10% of on-street traffic.