2016 to 2017: A Year in the Life of a Futurist
It’s been 12 months since my 2015 to 2016 update on becoming a Futurist Speaker full-time. It feel strange to timebox is as I studied computing from 1989 through to 1993 and the Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Organizational Psychology, the Internet etc. I did at Bournemouth University.
Things have just gone ballistic from September 2016 to the end of August 2017 and I’ve achieved some really great things.
I’ve traveled the world, spoken in front of tens of thousands of people, been on national TV and radio, launched Exponential Minds podcast, Launched the Futurist Speakers Agency, been signed to the National Speaker’s Bureau (NSB), started writing for TechCrunch, Future Camp 2017, and connected with so many incredible people helping the world to be better and stronger through technology. Over 36,000 people have spent over 1,000 hours on this website digging deep into information.
Some speaking highlights from the past 12 months:
- Write design fiction stories and drive record engagement for Vancouver International Airport with their YVR 2037 initiative.
- Spoke at the Asia-Pacific Communication Summit in Singapore on Hyperconnectivity (audio)
- Was the opening keynote for the Real Machine Summit in Las Vegas (video)
- Interviewed Edward Snowden at the University of Waterloo and became their Strategic Curator for the Waterloo Innovation Summit (September 13th to 15th, 2017)
- Was the guest keynote for Singularity University at their Global Innovation Challenge competition.
- Interviewed Wells Fargo, IBM and Feedzai in San Francisco on Artificial Intelligence (video)
- Traveled 1800kms across Canada to speak at 4 dates for TechTours (video)
- Hosted CVR 2017 in Vancouver and rubbed shoulders with NASA, HTC, and other leaders.
- Advised decision-makers in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario at the top levels of government.
- …and many other keynotes at conferences across North America
I have been on the radio and TV so much and love to connect with the hosts and spread thinking around where we are headed in the future.
I thank you all for being my friends, clients, and believers. In the next year I am going to step it up to the next level and I’ll need you more than ever to help spread the word.
To hire me to speak or consult on an engagement then do email me here.