2015 to 2016: A Year in Futurism
In the past 12 months, since I committed to being a professional Futurist, I have had an incredible time. I’ve traveled the world, spoken in front thousands of people, been on TV and radio, launched The Modern Futures podcast, and connected with so many incredible people helping the world to be better and stronger through technology.
I’ve had the privilege to educate people via:
- Countless meetings with friends to advise on growth, strategy, and future planning.
- 19 keynotes with 7 more confirmed
- 316 articles published on nikolasbadminton.com that have had over 38,600 pageviews across 140 countries from over 21,500 people.
- 500+ media article mentions, from VICE to Globe & Mail to BBC.com and beyond. Thank you to the journalists that seek out my insights.
- 1870+ listens of my podcast
- 21,800+ views of my keynote presentations
- 60+ TV and Radio interviews (that’s over 20 hours of insights.)
- Hit #2 on the Reddit front page (6000+ upvotes and 1600+ comments) with the Future of Work research we pioneered with Nick Black over at Intensions (now being replicated by a firm in Europe)
- The launch of FUTURE CAMP and the Organizer’s Guide so that people can run their own versions wherever they are in the world.
Today I feel incredibly humbled and privileged to be able to do what I do and to have created a platform for education and enlightenment. I now get emailed every week with requests to speak and work with some truly amazing people.
I thank you all for being my friends, clients, and believers. In the next year I am going to step it up to the next level and I’ll need you more than ever to help spread the word.
I think Confucius said it well:
If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.